Aloe vera can be used to fight diabetes. However, you should consult your doctor before trying out this remedy to avoid interfering with any other treatment.
Aloe vera has been used for ages as a natural remedy for relieving various illnesses. According to different studies conducted on animals and humans, aloe vera has the potency of reducing levels of blood glucose after just two months of use. The results even appear in patients who don’t need to use insulin as well as those who are insulin dependent.
Aloe vera is equally effective for skin and hair care, apart from its internal efficiency.
Why aloe vera is good for fighting excess blood sugar
Aloe vera plant contains several substances that help improve the health of diabetics. Consuming aloe vera regularlyreduces blood glucose levels while controlling the blood sugar spikes that diabetic patients can have all through the day.
- Aloe vera contains an active ingredient called Emodin which has hypoglycemic properties.
- Aloe vera provides two types of fiber: mucilage and glucomannan, which helps to keep you full and regulate your sugar absorption.
- Aloe vera is rich in fructose (form of sugar found in vegetables). The body absorbs it slowly, thereby preventing hyperglycemia.
It supplies minerals to regulate glucose levels
Aloe vera plants contain minerals that helps diabetics. These include:
- Chromium: Aloe vera is rich in this mineral, which appears to regulate blood sugar levels and helps the body generate insulin.
- Magnesium: Diabetic patients lack magnesium. Aloe vera helps supply the body with this mineral.
- Manganese, which helps in the production of natural insulin.
How to Use Aloe vera to Ease Diabetes Symptoms
It’s best to use aloe vera plant instead of using products that have been produced with this plant. You can plant aloe vera in your garden or place an aloe vera flowerpot on your window or balcony.
The recommended dose is two tablespoons per day (30 g) of the gel. This is the quantity an aloe vera leaf contains.
If you take this dosage, then you’ll be able to reduce your blood sugar levels by up to 50 percent in two months.
- Get a fresh aloe vera leaf and wash it properly.
- Then, extract the amount of gel you need to consume.
- Wrap it in saran wrap, and store it in the refrigerator.
Disclaimer: The content provided on healthdiary365.com is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical doctor or healthcare professional.